Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Letter to Symbol GIF- Reflection Questions
1. The most frustrating aspects of using Gimp were creating transitional layers and using the Gimp Tools. Since there are so many tools, it was difficult for me to pick the correct ones and really utilize all the features. This made the transitional layers especially difficult because I did not know how to use the tools to cover the shapes I had created in previous layers (ex: the outline of the "A" in the middle of my apple). It was also difficult for me make smooth transitions and I often could have added more layers to make each step more clear.
2. After completing the project, the Gimp tools I feel most confident in using shape select tools, the different sizes of paintbrushes and the bucket feel tool because I practiced using these the most in my GIF. I also feel confident creating layers.
3. The Gimp tool I wish I was better at using is the tool to make curved shapes. I never really understood how to create the curves the way I wanted and therefore just avoided the tool all together, but I think using it would have been very helpful in creating shapes in my GIF.
4. Next time I would like to create a Gimp using actual photos but still using the same technique of morphing one shape into something else. I think it would be interesting to see how actual photos would look, versus our drawings, and there would also be a more creative aspect involved in gathering the pictures to tell a story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment